Back ground

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bacon Cheddar Fondue

5 slices bacon
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 1/2 pounds sharp Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
3 dashes Tabasco sauce
Parsley-

Fry bacon until crisp and brown in 3-quart heavy saucepan. Drain and crumble; set aside.

Add onion and garlic to 1/4 cup drippings; sauté until tender. Do not brown. Add soup; slowly stir in milk, over medium heat; blend until smooth. Add cheese, a little at a time, stirring until melted. Add bacon, reserving some for garnish. Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard and Tabasco sauce. Pour into fondue pot and keep warm. Garnish with bacon and parsley. If mixture becomes too thick, stir in a little hot milk.

Yields 5 cups.

Thought I would post this recipe, it is so delicious for a fondue party. Everyone love it!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Okay! I'm SO going to make this. I think I can dip celery in it, coudn't I? Heck, I don't think I'll need to dip ANYTHING in it. Just grab a spoon. Thanks for sharing MJ!